Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!


This week started out with really hot weather, and I found myself, like Pedro (“Napoleon Dynamite”), blaming my hair. Not only was my hair thick, but it was approaching a length close to the ever skanky classification of “butt hair” (hair that passes your waistline). Ten inches of it went to Locks of Love, and here is the happy result. LOL, Maren got the same haircut this week, and we didn't even coordinate!


 
Maren, you're so hot!

Kirk, once an ashamed parent of LILA’s losing Lions, led the newly able team to another landslide win in the capacity of co-coach. Once again, Carlos made us proud with both his goal scoring and keeping abilities.

Arianna enjoyed a pleasant week free of doctor’s appointments (see last week’s entry) and full of Harry Potter. We have almost finished Book 6.

the British version, of course!

The highlight of this week was The Best Mother’s Day Weekend Ever. Unbeknownst to me, Kirk arranged for a girls’ day out on Saturday. I woke up to a beaming Kirk and a mysterious list of addresses and appointment times. Two fun girlfriends joined me on an all-day pampering session that included breakfast, mani-pedis, a 90-minute massage, and lunch. I had never experienced such a wonderful, indulgent day!


Today at church, the kids treated their moms to the traditional, not-to-be-missed chorus of Mother’s Day songs. The men also sang a lovely tribute to their mothers. 


In every church meeting, I was given more and more Mother’s Day plants. By the end of church, we had a ready-to-plant garden.

that's 5 potted plants!

But my favorite part of the day came when Carlos read me his love notes from the jar of confiture de mots doux that he made at school. I got a kiss or hug with every “I love you!”


3 comments:

  1. How sweet. I am glad that your family is doing well, and back from Guatamala. I loved the pictures. We may get visit the great UCLA again, which might mean another visit. I am working out the details with the required parties now. It would be fun, and this time we'll bring our munchkin. However, this time I may need a brain biopsy and that wouldn't be so fun. Either way, we hope you have a fantastic end of the school year and summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! What a mother's day!! You really deserve it, Lauren, for being such a great mom to your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hair! Thanks for donating, that may be my next adventure :-)

    ReplyDelete