One day, a large, white, ugly gorilla appeared at our house. Now, Arianna has brought home other students’ sweaters, notebooks, graded assignments, used Band-Aids, and even socks, but the gorilla was a first. Still, I knew that it must be her contribution to my dĂ©cor, because IT was sitting on my couch next to her backpack.
Mr. Banana is pleased to make your acquaintance.
This is the English teacher’s idea of making journaling FUN. Mr. Banana spends a week with each student and writes about his adventures each day in Mr. Banana’s Journal. Oh, yes, it’s true. In fact, the journal has become a scrapbook by now.
I was not absolutely opposed to Mr. Banana’s presence until I realized that this very large, unwashable doll had spent countless weeks in the homes, cars, and beds of Arianna’s schoolmates. When I received that information, Mr. Banana was demoted from the couch to the floor.
Still, our generous hearts could not deprive this unwanted family member of the basic necessities, including food, clothing, amusement, and quality family time. In fact, Mr. Banana was privileged to join us on a trip to the Bay area, where Kirk’s Monson relatives live.
I could share Mr. Banana’s journal entries with you, but I truly feel that his Many Adventures are even better represented by these telling photos. Enjoy.








No comments:
Post a Comment